Welcome to our little world..Come on in and say HI while you're here.


Monday, July 21, 2008

I love being a guinea pig....

Note to self...Take photography class......

Our neighbors (AKA The Landlords) Rolf and Elaine make cakes. Professionally and they are so good. They made Popstar a cake for her birthday:


And Mrs. Elaine just dropped off this beauty. Apparently they are practicing for a wedding on Saturday and figured instead of throwing it away they would bring it to the kids. WOW! The kids are happy:And who wouldn't be. Their frosting is beyond compare and the cakes are light and moist...what gets me is the patience it takes to do this. All of it is free hand. I would be pulling out my hair....




So Thank you Mr. Rolf and Mrs. Elaine..from the bottom...well at least from my bottom...the kids tend to run it off.

*****UPDATE*****

Not only was it gorgeous from the outside- check out the inside!! I swear I am not a huge cake fan but Mr. Rolf and Mrs. Elaine may convert me. It's like baked velvet- thick and smooth but substantial...Per the kids : Moist and fluffy(kid one)...and heaven on earth... except better(kid two). I have said it before and I will say it again...Life is good.


PS It was actually too tall for my cake plate........Aggggg! What now?????

No comments: