Welcome to our little world..Come on in and say HI while you're here.


Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I need your help........

I have been calling schools all day. Public and Private, day cares and churches. And the one thing they all have in common is that my 3 yr old cannot attend any of them unless I receive public assistance. Even the one INSIDE the local primary school. So I can pay the taxes that heat and cool the school, buy gas for the buses bought with those taxes, and pay the teachers salaries. But unless I am on or qualify for public assistance I cannot avail myself of these programs. I have to pay - on average- $105.00 a week to educate my child. And you want the kicker.....it's not actually a K-3 program. It's daycare that "follows" the K-3 curriculum. So for $105.00 a week they can teach her to pick her nose, or finger paint with pudding all day. And I am the only person who will care. And not in the school I already pay for, nor can I use the buses my taxes provide.....nope. No such luck...at least not for me. I have to pony up for gas and insurance and maintenance on my personal conveyance to get her to the relatively expensive K-3 type program and back. So I have to get a job. So I can pay more taxes. So they can put in more of these programs I can't use. So more kids on public assistance that I am already feeding, providing shelter for, and paying for medical care on can go to school for free. That is where y'all come in:

You are members of the public!!! Will you assist me?

If in nothing else then in understanding why we voted for the a$$hats that came up with this lame brain idea..........................Thank you......Thank you very much.
**Update 11:31**
I finally found a daycare that has actual K-3 and is not State, Federal, or lottery funded. It is private so I do have to pay but they have a half day program from 8 to noon that is only $55 a week and includes all supplies, breakfast, and lunch. Plus a certified physical education teacher comes in on Wed. So I still feel f***ed but at least I get a meal or two for my money.
Well Popstar does. I get a part time job...heh.

1 comment:

Rhea said...

Your header photo is gorgeous!

I'm sorry to hear about your schooling problems, but it sounds like you found something that will work.

Good luck!