Welcome to our little world..Come on in and say HI while you're here.


Monday, June 9, 2008

Parting is such sweet sorrow....

(This was susposed to be posted after the last day of school but I never got the pics I needed...)



....and it all ends tomorrow.

(PS this picture is not blurry...they just don't stay still.)

Well the 5th grade is over, at least for Smooch it is. And I am so going to miss it. We have had the best year.


Friday lunches: and recess,


a couple of good field trips,


(Check him out if you get a minute...SUPERCOOL.....Cool enough that I paid for this Tshirt.)



excellent friends:But the thing that brought it all together ......That really made it good..............We had the best teacher you could ever hope to have:

Mrs. S was at the controls of the chaos this year and it was a true blessing. Seldom in Smooch's school career have I felt so welcome in a classroom (even with Popstar and Hubby in tow), rarely have I been able to come and go with impunity, involve myself in the daily workings of her life, really feel like I had a handle on what was going on with her when she was at school. We got to play with her friends and get to know them all. We got to look over projects and watch presentations, listen to books on tape, watch Smooch read the school news on TV, and make ice cream in ziploc bags:(I mean come on.....when your 11 yr olds teacher allows your two yr old to particpate in activities and helps to foster a love of school you know you have someone special.)



I went to book fairs and book swaps, even cook outs. We spent so much time at her school this year the whole family made it into the yearbook ( I so need a scanner).



This was a year that will not be forgotten.


From the bottom of my heart I thank you Mrs. S.
You did more than teach our kids this year. You made a huge difference in our lives.

No comments: